Monday, July 21, 2014

Date Milk Recipe

I am so excited to share this recipe because it is one of the easiest, most delicious drinks I've ever made! I love it because it's frothy, gives me a ton of energy and it's even easier to make than a smoothie. You can enjoy this after your workout, after dinner as dessert, and even as a snack.

I totally understand that most people don't go on a special trip to the grocery store to buy dates (but if you do we should be best friends). And why would you? When you look at them they look odd... they're like wrinkly cockroaches. Saying that probably isn't the best way to get you to eat them but give me a chance to explain how amazing they are. 


What's great about them is that they're easily digested so your body has the chance to take in all of its goodness. What kind of goodness? Well for starters its dietary fiber helps clean out your colon and prevent cholesterol absorption (yay). Dates are even higher in potassium than oranges, bananas and spinach providing 20% of your daily recommended value. They're low in fat, high in carbs (which is NOT a bad thing) and provide a decent amount of protein. The benefits are endless!!!


So here is my super easy recipe. 

This is how I personally like to make it. If you don't drink milk you can try almond or coconut milk, I heard it tastes just as good.




Date Milk 


Yields 1 Glass - use the glass to measure out all of the ingredients before you throw it in the blender, this way you won't make too much or add too much water.

- A handful of Medjool Dates (pitted)

- A splash of Vanilla extract.

- 1/4 cup of milk (I use reduced fat)

- Fill the rest of the glass with water

- A few ice cubes

Directions:

1. Grab the glass you'll be drinking out of.
2. Make sure your dates are pitted, then grab a handful to put in the glass (your glass should be a little more than halfway full).
3. Add 1/4 cup of milk.
4. Add a splash of vanilla extract.
5. Fill the rest of the glass with water/ice cubes.
6. Empty your glass into the blender.
7. Blend thoroughly.

Enjoy!!


P.S. Follow my instagram page (@lifemeetgym) to leave feed back and even give suggestions!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment