Friday, August 22, 2014

Mango-Berry Smoothie

I don't know what I loved more about this smoothie... The way it looked or how delicious it was? Close call. I try to eat my fruits in the morning before I eat anything cooked (it's much better for your digestion).

A little trick I like to use when making smoothies is throwing everything into the glass or mason jar I plan on drinking out of and using that as my guide to make however much I plan on drinking. This way I don't make too much. For this recipe I filled up a large mason jar that holds about 3 cups.
 
Mango-Berry Smoothie Recipe 



Mango Half:

1 1/2 Handfuls of Frozen Mango Chunks 
1/2 of Large Banana
Honey or Sweetener of Choice, to taste

Berry Half:

6 Large Strawberry
1 Handful of Frozen Blueberries
3 Slices of Frozen Peaches
Honey or Sweetener of Choice, to taste

Directions:
1. Start by making the mango half in your blender. You want the mixture to be pretty thick because it will mix otherwise. Once you've blended the three ingredients, pour it in your jar/glass, rinse the blender and mix the berry half. If you do not see a distinct line, push down the berry half with a spoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment